Bad weather, neverending hours at the computer with my essay, tired and restless. So it was before I decided to go for cookies. Cinammon and ginger always bring me up :) And the recipe is a quickie!
I wish I could say that they are "chewy" too, but I'm not gonna lie to you. They are semi-soft, maybe a little chewy just after you take them out of the oven. I've been actually hunting for a recipe for chewy chocolate chip cookies, I tried two so far and I was disappointed. I thought that making a good batch of cookies must be a piece of cake! I don't know what went wrong but my last two cookie batches were no good. This one turned out just nice, I promise! The lovely spice mix of cinammon, ginger and cardamom is probably nothing you are longing for when it's summer, but here, where I am it's only 7 degrees and raining..The taste of these cookies reminded me strongly of Christmas :)
Cinammon&ginger cookies for good mood :)
75 g butter
1/3 cup packed light brown muscovado sugar
1/3 cup golden syrup
1 tsp ginger
0,5 tsp cardamom
2 tsp cinammon
1,5 cup self raising flour
1. Set the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Melt the butter together with the sugar and the golden syrup on low heat.
3. Let the sugar dissolve in butter, stir in the spices and remove from heat.
4. Cool down. Stir in flour.
5. Roll balls out of the dough and place them on a baking sheet leaving a few centimeters between. Use a fork to flatten the cookie balls.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. And done!