Hate saying goodbye so I choose to say thank you instead :) Today I had my last lecture with a very small but very nice group of 4 students. We had so much fun together, at least I hope they also had fun and that they learned.
Blueberry&lemon sour cream pound cake
100 g butter softened
1 cup caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 dl sour cream
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
about 1 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) + 1 tablespoon plain flour
1. Store the eggs, sour cream and butter at the room temperature for about 30 minutes before you start.
2. Set oven to 175 degrees. Grease and flour a high rectangular cake mold.
3. You can soften the butter a little by using a microwave oven.
4. Beat the butter and add sugar, beat again until fluffy and smooth.
5. Beat in eggs, one by one. Mix in the zest and juice of 1 lemon.
6. Mix in the mixture of flour, baking soda and baking powder alternately with the sour cream.
7. Put the frozen or fresh blueberries in a bowl together with the tablespoon of flour. Toss the bowl so that the blueberries are evenly floured. This procedure is to prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
8. Gently mix the blueberries into the dough. Transfer into the cake mold and bake for about 45-50 minutes.