The result is not an exact copy of those from the food store, but they are very dreamy :))
And now I can officially call myself a sweet addict-again. I'll be enjoying this status for a few more days before cutting down on sugar.
Sour cream pound cake muffins with Nigellas sticky toffee topping
90 g butter
(almost) 1 cup sugar
2 dl sour cream
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of vanilla bean extract or 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
60 g butter
75 g light muscovado sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
125 ml double cream
1. Let the sour cream, eggs, and butter at a room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. Set oven to 180 degrees.
3. Beat the butter for about 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy for about 10 minutes.
4. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla/vanilla sugar.
5. Beat in eggs into the butter-sugar mixture, one at a time.
6. Alternately add the flour mixture and sour cream until well combined.
7. Fill the muffin cups with the mixture to 2/3 and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, put the butter, muscovado sugar, golden syrup and cream in a pan over a low heat.
9. Stir to combine, then increase the heat and simmer for 10 mins until thickened.
10. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
For serving, drizzle the muffins with the toffee sauce or groop a hole in each muffin to fill it with the toffee sauce..